DNSO Mailling lists archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [registrars] Co-Op Teleconference


I will represent interQ for the teleconference, and if
possible will try to make the trip if there is an in person
meeting scheduled.

For those of you who were not present in Yokohama, the
general idea was to first measure overall support among the
Registrars - I believe there IS very strong support for this
co-op.  The second step was to establish or select a core
group of Registrars who would form the "Task Force" that
would be charged with retaining legal assistance, and putting
together a framework for the registry bid.  The members
of the initial Task Force would have no preferential
treatment over other Registrar partners, but would
be required to fund the initial phases of the project,
and have a fairly broad representation from the Registrar
constituency as a whole.  btw, the funding was estimated
at around $20,000 if there were 5 members of the task
force (I believe.)

I hope I am not belaboring the point, but I wanted to make
clear to everyone what I think we are trying to achieve.
With that in mind, we should set up an agenda, and if
possible try to select the members of the task force
as soon as possible.  I believe it will be very very difficult
to achieve all the required steps involved in submitting
a joint registry bid with a group of 30 or 40 registrars.
We need to establish a fairly small (perhaps around 5)
group that can do some work, and then present those
results to the group for final approval.

We have a lot to do, and if we don't get started very
quickly, our chances of success will diminish rapidly.


"Michael D. Palage" wrote:

> One of the criticisms raised in Yokohama was the lack of proper notice with
> regard to teleconferences and meetings. In Yokohama I promised to use every
> effort possible to give as much advance warning as possible.
> Therefore, in light of the increasing number of registrars that have
> expressed interest in participating in the registry co-op I have tentatively
> scheduled a teleconference for this Friday Morning at 9:30 AM EST. I will
> provide dial-in information to all those that have expressed interest in
> this venture to date within the next 24-48 hours.
> If everything proceeds as planned during this week's teleconference, I would
> envision an in person meeting the first week of August, preferably not
> August 1st since it is my birthday and would like to spend it at home with
> my family :). I think either Thursday or Friday would give people the most
> advance notice as possible. The tricky problem is location. Because we just
> met in Reston prior to Yokohama, I am looking for a neutral site. I will
> provide a list of suggestions within the next 24-48 hours when I circulate
> the dial-in information.
> As we discussed in Yokohama, this proposal is going to happen in "Internet
> Time" I suggest that everyone interested in making this proposal work, stay
> focused and be prepared to put in long hours on short notice.
> Any questions or comments you know how to get a hold of me.
> Best regards,
> Michael D. Palage

_/_/_/interQ Incorporated
_/_/_/System Division
_/_/_/Director and General Manager
_/_/_/Richard A. S. Lindsay

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>