[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Update: Registrar Meeting

Mike,

I don't have a problem with additional meetings.  I have a problem with the
timing here, and I don't understand why these issues can be taken up in a
teleconference or a series of teleconferences.

My concern is exactly what you have started: "Again the purpose of this
meeting is to do the ground work necessary for a productive meeting in
Yokohama."  I don't believe it is fair to call a meeting on such short
notice at a location near you in order to lay the ground work for Yokohama.
That is inappropriate.  I understand your concerns of obtaining more
Registrar participation, but this is not the way to do it.  From the list of
participants, it looks like most of them will be attending the Yokohama
meetings as well, so this meeting is not really expanding registrar
participation.

On such short notice, I do not have an entire day to spend on a
teleconference, and I am sure people like Richard Lindsey will not
appreciate having to work a 9PM-6AM shift because of the time difference,
which makes this meeting highly exclusionary.

Thanks,

Josh