[nc-whois]

[nc-whois] Re: WHOIS Searchability

Danny,

Thank you!  I appreciate your eye for detail and your very prompt response.

While uWHO was included in our preliminary report, it's inclusion was
nearly overlooked in this version.  This prompted me to go through our
notes once more to ensure all the data collected (with regard to this
subject matter) is indeed represented in this Issue Report.  Please do not
hesitate to let me know should you discover more shortcomings as the report
develops.

With regard to your concluding comment/question:

Cost in general has been an issue in discussions here, within the TF and in
other virtual and non-virtual spaces.  Maybe it is not so great we have no
decision; however, as you are aware I am not in favor of speeding through a
process.  The luxury of time provides opportunity for more thoughtfully
presented ideas to be put forward for consideration.

Appendix W may be one avenue to control cost and yet we need to do our best
to define our needs, wants, and goals prior to determining who pays for
what.  We also must keep a close eye on the agreements and make sure we
understand and are able to locate preexisting resources that we may be able
to tap, like this one for example, to help illustrate cost controls.

Thank you for not letting us overlook this valuable information.

Sincerely,

Kristy McKee