[nc-whois]

[nc-whois] Tucows Comments on the Whois TF Final Report

I just ran into this and walked away surprised that the entire report would be desupported due to one component that was clearly planned to be addressed.

-ram

Tucows Comments on the Whois TF Final Report

Posted by ross at February 17, 2003 12:07 PM

To get completely to the point, we don't support the report because it misses its mark.

The brief summary is:

- We reject the report because it decouples the primary issue of privacy from the secondary issues and therefore unduly benefits the trademark, copyright and patent lobbies.
- there are some portions of the report that we support.
- there are some portions of the report that we don't support
- All of these portions must be dealt with in the context of privacy and regard for the customer, not the lawyers.