[nc-whois]

Re: [nc-whois] Critical Relationship Between Accuracy and Privacy That the WHOIS Task Force Continues To Overlook and My Contribution to the WHOIS Privacy Issues Report

Ruchika,
I do not believe the Whois TF can "guarantee" how implementation of its policies or recommendations will take place - that is not its role.  I think you will find strong support for privacy on this task force, but bear in mind that implementation issues are beyond the scope of this (and, frankly, any policy-oriented task force).  You should reach out to the various implementors of adopted and approved consensus policies - for example, Registrars, via maybe Ken Stubbs, who is an active and vocal participant in our TF, or me for the Registries.

>I am happy to work on the privacy issues report as long as the WHOIS Task Force can guarantee that enforcement of
>accuracy and implementation of privacy safeguards would be concurrent (or that implementation of appropriate privacy
>safeguards would precede enforcement of accuracy).
I makes me uncomfortable with what seems to be a confrontational statement in your message (I will work on "x" only if "y") -- I have found most of our TF members to be reasonable, approachable and intelligent individuals who work very hard as volunteers to bring a better state of Whois.

Olive may work better than steel here.

Regards
-Ram