From: Steve Metalitz [mailto:metalitz@iipa.com]
Sent: 28 November 2002 01:13
To: 'Abel Wisman '; ''Thomas Roessler' '; 'nc-whois@dnso.org '
Subject: RE: [nc-whois] Final (?): Accuracy

Abel's comment was the impetus for the discussion about how the 15 day
period is applicable to registrars, not to ICANN, and that there was
considerable uncertainty in some quarters about how registrars would
define the category of "cases not clearly fraudulent."  So I do not
believe there was consensus to include this in the report.  Of course it
could be included
as an individual view.

In the spirit that even the best things must come to an end, let me
offer my view that the time to make changes in these two sections of the
final report before they are posted is at an end.  Collectively, we have
devoted thousands of hours to this process, culminating in our
line-by-line review in a 2.5-hour conference call today, and it would
not be fair to see the final outcome determined by who happens to be
awake or online the instant before the posting is made.  Of course,
there will be further opportunities for comment between the time the
final report is posted and the time the Names Council acts upon it.  But
for now let's focus on getting the report, as we have finalized it,
posted, and on providing whatever assistance we can to those TF members
who have undertaken to do this.

Steve Metalitz