[nc-whois]

[nc-whois] role accounts etc.

I'm not sure if we're going to include any language on accuracy
notions or role accounts with our drafting.  If so, here's some
proposed language on role accounts:

	The Task Force notes that some interpretations of the
	current policy consider the common practice of using
	so-called "role accounts" for the administrative, technical,
	and billing contacts as "inaccurate WHOIS data".  We note
	that this practice -- under the assumption that the given
	contact data are useable and indeed lead to a responsible
	person (although not explicitly naming that person) -- is a
	way to make the maintenance of WHOIS records easier, thereby
	helping to avoid unnecessary inaccuracies.  It should, for
	this reason, at least be tolerated, and not by itself be
	considered as a reason for an accuracy inquiry.

PS - Marilyn: My guess about AT&T was wrong.

Thomas Roessler                        <roessler@does-not-exist.org>