From: owner-nc-whois@dnso.org [mailto:owner-nc-whois@dnso.org] On Behalf
Of Ram Mohan
Sent: 26 October 2002 14:07
To: nc-whois@dnso.org
Cc: Rick H Wesson
Subject: [nc-whois] Fw: Last-Verified Date Contact Element

Task Force Members:
For those of you not following the various technical events happening in
IETF, this one is of value.  Rick & I have been discussing the value of
adding a new field to the WHOIS, called "Last Verified" date that allows
registrars/registry to show when the information was last verified.

It has now been proposed formally to the IETF EPP Working Group, and is
on a fast track.

Similarly, a WHOIS element called <private>, introduced by other IETF
working group members (to allow for privacy) is on a fast track.

We have debated both these items in our TF, and I believe that this is a
step in the right direction for domain name registrants worldwide.

-ram