From: Ram Mohan
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2002 10:00 PM
Subject: section 2, section 7 suggestions

Section 2
Limitations of Survey:
Might be useful to add a short sentence that indicates that the survey was conducted prior to the launch of the seven new TLDs, and as a result some of the user responses may be different now from when the survey was conducted.

Section 7:
Third Bullet:
--> Most respondents wanted the ability to search Whois on data elements other than domain name.
|..| Registries and registrars already provide expanded ability to search WHOIS data on elements other than domain name (see my post from last week).

Suggest modification to say the following:
Most respondents wanted the ability to search Whois on data elements other than domain name, and seemed unaware that some ability to search on other data elements already exists and is offered to them.

Fourth Bullet:
--> A centralized point of access to all Whois was also a popular idea with the strong majority of these respondents, and most of them felt that registrars or registrants, rather than Whois users, should pay for the cost of this service.

|..| Suggest below, to break out the two points, and to avoid possible mis-statement of survey results:
Strong support exists among the majority of respondents to provide a centralized point of access to all Whois databases (gTLDs and ccTLDs).  Most of the respondents felt that registrants, rather than Whois users, should pay for the cost of this service, while some felt that registrars should provide such services in the public interest.

-ram
Ram Mohan
Vice President, Business Operations
Afilias.INFO
p: +1-215-706-5700; f: +1-215-706-5701
e: rmohan@afilias.info
Sign up for .INFO Newsletter at <http://www.afilias.info/news/newsletter>
Questions? Call +1 (866) Dot.INFO or +1-215-706-5710