Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 1:54 PM
Subject: [nc-whois] DEADLINES / basketing update

This is an update on basketing which follows the discussions from today's conference call. Updated basketing instructions which reflect these changes will be posted to Kristy's web site where the data also reside.

Changes

With question 7 [inconvenience], a single basket has been added: There is now a catch-all for "inability to contact right party on following issues", with the letter D assigned to it.

Also, it was agreed that (for questions 10+) a repetition of a yes/no answer in the free-form part should be counted as "no answer", i.e., basket #0.

Timing

First of all, here's a calendar:
         April                  May                   June
  Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa  Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa  Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
      1  2  3  4  5  6            1  2  3  4                     1
   7  8  9 10 11 12 13   5  6  7  8  9 10 11   2  3  4  5  6  7  8
  14 15 16 17 18 19 20  12 13 14 15 16 17 18   9 10 11 12 13 14 15
  21 22 23 24 25 26 27  19 20 21 22 23 24 25  16 17 18 19 20 21 22
  28 29 30              26 27 28 29 30 31     23 24 25 26 27 28 29
                                              30

The schedule for the basketing-related work is this. Note that this timeline is fixed by now:

April 24 - deadline for the submission of basketing results.

PLEASE SUBMIT WHATEVER RESULTS YOU HAVE PRODUCED BY THAT DAY. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT RESULTS SUBMITTED AFTER THAT DAY CAN BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT FOR THE DRAFT REPORT.

May 1 - deadline for a skeleton report (Thomas) and assignments of topics for further work to individual teams. (Marilyn, Tony, ...)

NO BASKETING RESULTS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THAT DATE.

The following part of the schedule is not yet cast in concrete; I suppose that Marilyn will post corrections and updates to this. Still, I'm including it to give you a picture of how things fit together. Note that the schedule is quite tight.

May 7 - deadline for draft conclusions which are created in small groups working via e-mail.

May 8 - next conference call; draft conclusions should be presented and discussed during that call.

May 20 - deadline for a final draft which is available for public comment.

After May 20, there will be a public comment process. Ideally, comments should be evaluated before the Bucharest meeting.

--
Thomas Roessler