From: "Beckwith, Bruce" <bbeckwith@verisign.com>
To: ga@dnso.org
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:53:13 -0500
Subject: RE: [ga] GA summary 2002-10

All:

In item (ii) below, we have found that there were several domains that have
suffered data problems.  There have been approximately 5 that have been
brought to our attention, and we are putting them in the queue to be fixed.
You will find that these are isolated events, and to our knowledge, the
software bug that allowed the data inconsistency was resolved long ago.  Any
domain registered in the past two years (approximately - this is when the
bug was identified and rectified) has accurate data, and the expiration date
shows correctly.

Regards,

Bruce Beckwith
VeriSign Registrar

[...]

(ii) Verisign removing expiration dates from WHOIS data.  George
Kirikos pointed out that, for the domain auction-barn.com, the whois
data as accessible at whois.networksolutions.com does not contain an
expiration date.  (As of this writing, the expiration date is still
not given; T.R., 2002-03-21, 00:15 CET.)
<http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc09/msg01533.html>

In a follow-up, Rick Wesson pointed out that the Registrar
Accreditation Agreement _requires_ registrars to include the
expiration date in their whois database.
<http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc09/msg01535.html>

No explication for the lack of the information has, so far, been
provided by Verisign.

[...]

----- End forwarded message -----