[nc-whois]

[nc-whois] WHOIS CALL BEGINS AT 8:00 a.m. Monday/EST in U.S. REMINDER

REMINDER:  The WHOIS call is starting at 8:00 a.m. EST (U.S.)Monday, January 28, 2002.  We have not changed the time of the call.  Apologies to anyone who has difficulties with this time.

Dial-in No.: 877-322-9654 (U.S. participants)
Internationally Accessible Dial-in: 954-797-1657

Host (Marilyn's Use only) Code: 674 577

Participant Code:  215 013

IN EVENT OF PROBLEM ACCESSING THE CALL, PLEASE CALL MARILYN'S CELL PHONE. 202-255-7348.  DURING THE CALL, IN EVENT OF PROBLEM, PLEASE PRESS #0 AND YOU WILL REACH AN OPERATOR.

Format of the call:
The operator will announce you as you come online, and will keep a log of names, so that we can provide those in the minutes.  We hope therefore to cut down on "roll call" time on the call.

When you speak, please start with your name, so that everyone can know who is speaking. This also  helps with minutes.

AGENDA:

Opening comments: Tony Harris and Marilyn Cade, co-chairs

1) Status of progress in reading responses, by individual:

Each individual will be asked to report on the progress they have made in whatever assignment they are reading. As it turns out, in order to ensure some quick progress, some of the constituencies have focused in on the Statistical 300 over the past few days [and the upcoming weekend] while others have made progress in both the Statistical 300 and the 3000+.

This report should be: Which you are reading, and a progress report.  If you have read from both, be sure to distinguish that.

2) Discussion of the perspectives you are gleaning from the Statistical 300.

We will open the floor to open discussion about what we are seeing, whether there are any trends emerging; what is surprising; what is expected; what good ideas about any particular category have emerged.

Tony and Marilyn will manage the queue of speakers to ensure everyone gets to speak in a round robin, then go into more discussion.

3) Consideration of progress to date on the Statistical 300 and brief discussion/forecast to complete reading these/interim update report

Discuss whether we can formulate a brief draft overview of these findings in order to have a brief, update report to publish the week before Ghana. This update will not be for public comment, but to update the community and to keep them abreast of the TF progress.  Talk about the practicalities of getting that done; and establish an online agreement to discuss what would be covered in the update report.

4) Discussion of how to manage the rest of the work, and feasible timelines.

Given what we learned from the 300, what is needed now in relation to the 3000? Should we revise any of our previous ideas? Pros - Cons?  How to scope the work, and the process better; what are the interim goals for completing all work; and preparing a final draft report/by when/for posting to the community?

5) Reporting in Ghana

Ghana participation, discussion of report to the Constituencies, GA, and NC on the Task Force's work/progress/modifications in schedule. [This may have to be done online].

6) Other Business

When we start the call, we will ask if there is other business to add to the agenda. Give it some thought, and be sure to speak up early so we can get any additional topics on the agenda, as time permits.

A calendar of possible meeting dates will be presented, for online response back to Marie Juliano, so she can prepare a draft calendar of options.

BRIDGE CLOSES AT 9:30 AM. EST.

We know this is a robust and aggressive agenda. We'll make all the progress we can; and then have further online discussions on these topics via the NC-WHOIS list. We appreciate your hard work and participation and especially look forward to meeting all of you who are joining the TF in progress. Welcome.

Regards,

Posted by Marilyn on behalf of Tony and Marilyn