[nc-whois]

Re: [nc-whois] Re: Teleconference notes

Paul,

> YJ.  Please note.  The role of this Committee is to identify if the
> community has a common view on certain issues and to establish where more
> work is necessary. This is just Phase 1 - our remit is NOT to recommend
> policy to the Board at this stage.  In Phase 2 - we need to ensure all
> parties have the opportunity to express their views on the identified
> issues where more work is considered necessary... before working on the
> Policy recommendations.

I wish I could just agree on what you said above.
However, when I read some questions and responses, some of them
sound like already a big policy decision, though.

-   I read "a few", though. You said on the phone last night it just took 7
hours
    to read 600 responses or so, however, I have my own reality to cover all
    those responses.:-) Please, understand me. I am trying...

The remaining matter could be whether this committee is going to recognize
the forthcoming analysis as it is, which is policy itself.

Therefore, even though it may take long, we may want to let us give a
chance to consider this task more seriously. Paul, if you have another
urgent reason to hurry up, let me rethink of it. Compared to the importance
of this issue, I don't really see much awareness in most regions except
several countries and vested interested parties who want to create
Universal Whois.

Seeking your understanding.....

Regards,
YJ