Re: [nc-whois] Survey review ....update....
It sounds very challenging.
Supporting your proposal here I would like to emphasize
that the access to information needs to be allowed asap,
if this is DNSO responsibilities.
As non-native speakers of English, you can understand I
definitely need more time to review such enormous info.
of all may I thank all Committee members who have responded either publicly or
privately to my earlier mails.
May I seek your support for the following proposal:
- We extend the closure of the Comment Period until the 14th August to
ensure all those who want to participate in this consultation are able to do
- We ask ICANN to make available to the whole community (via the web) all
comments submitted - but not to associate the comments with the identity of
- All Committee members have access to all the information including (in
confidence) the identity of the author.
- In advance of Montevideo we ask ICANN to tabulate the results of the
survey, including the country of the respondent, as an overview.... please
note the survey was not a "poll"... so we may present some preliminary
findings to the ICANN meeting....
- We schedule a face to face meeting whilst in Montevideo of all WHOIS
Committee Members in attendance.... and discuss how we propose to review the
data in light of the our preliminary examination.
FYI, the GAC will be discussing the WHOIS issue/survey at their
WHOIS Committee Chair