[nc-udrp]

Re: [nc-udrp] UDRP Questionnaire

While trademark owners can be reached through organizations such as INTA and
so forth, there are no corresponding organizations of domain name registrants
or UDRP respondents (not all of whom, of course, are non-trademark owners).

I am wondering, since the UDRP providers have email addresses for all of the
UDRP respondents, whether it would be possible to send respondents notice of
the survey, in much the same way that attorneys who have ever filed a UDRP
complaint (myself included) receive various "updates", informative notices,
and even color brochures, from the UDRP providers.  I gather that similar
mass mailings are not sent to respondents, but see no reason why respondents
cannot be informed of the survey in this manner.

That would certainly be an easy thing to include in notifications relating to
disputes presently pending, or for which notice of commencement or of
decision is to be sent to respondents within the near future.  Sort of an "if
you've enjoyed being confused by people you've never heard of, being put off
by a string of lawyers who had no idea what you were talking about before you
eventually found one who did, scheduling time to consult with that lawyer who
*might* return your phone calls, trying to gather evidence refuting a common
law trademark claim, justifying your existence, explaining you are not a
thief, and jumping through all our procedural hoops on 20 days notice, then
let us know at [URL]".  Although I'm sure that others could word the
notification more diplomatically than I would.

John