[nc-udrp]

Re: [nc-udrp] DRAFT summary to date

Dan -

        A few not necessarily related comments -

1. I had suggested the following four questions but 3 and 4 are, I think, missing from the draft questionnaire. If so, can you add them?
        1. If you have been an arbitrator, was there information in prior decisions that you would have liked to have but was difficult to find?
        2. If you have been a defendant, was the process sufficiently clear to you?
        3. If you have been a defendant and did not respond to the complaint, why did you decide not to respond?
        4. If you have been a defendant and you did respond to the complaint, were you represented by counsel? If not, why not?

2. A few questions were not clear to me -
1.  "Should some body be able to establish a rule of law that all panelists would be required to follow? " Not sure what this refers to or why the UDRP is not such a law.
2.  "Do you believe consistency of UDRP decisions among providers is a problem, and why?" Not sure what this refers to although I suspect the question concerns the studies that have revealed different decision patterns among the providers. If so, I think it should be rephrased.

3. Perhaps surprisingly, there is no question concerning the method for choosing providers. Something like "Should the selection of a provider continue to be the exclusive right of the complainant" should be in the questionnaire. If there is a more neutral way of phrasing this, perhaps someone else can give it a try.

4. Another question I would like added is "Should decisions be in the public domain or should they continue to be the intellectual property of the providers." While ICANN requires the posting of decisions, from what I understand, at least some of the providers claim the decisions as their intellectual property.

Ethan