[nc-udrp]

RE: [nc-udrp] UDRP Review - Draft Questionnaire

Caroline:
I think you have hit many of the right issues with the draft, however,
I have a question about its format.

The format is structured as a questionnaire, which seems to
presume that someone is going to "count" the results. This
will require a lot of work.  Also, as a self-selected population, the
resulting statistics could not be considered a representative sample of
a population. Especially given language differences.

Would it not be simpler to just have a bullet list of relevant
issues and ask commenters to address them in an open-ended
way?

BTW, once we have an acceptable questionnaire, are any of the
non-English members of the Task Force willing to take responsibility
for translating it?

>>> "Chicoine, Caroline G." <CCHICOINE@thompsoncoburn.com> 10/02/01 09:55AM >>>
I have no problem and agree with your reasoning for changing the "front end"
of the timeline so it does not appear that it took us so long to create the
questionnaire.  Elisabeth, please change the first deadline to October 1,
2001 - November 1, 2001.

The reasons there is overlap in having the questionnaire submitted to the
public and our review of the responses is that (1) we can start reviewing
the outside studies mentioned in the Terms of Reference.