[nc-transfer]

RE: [nc-transfer] EPP Authorization Information and Domain Transfers

Marilyn,

Yes, I believe it's very possible for multiple methods of authorization
information management to co-exist.  The options may well foster the kind of
business practice differentiation that allows registrars to develop
different business models and different consumer services.

Forgetful registrants?  Of course.  In such situations a registrant would
then have to rely on the registrar to retrieve the authorization information
from the registry to return it to the registrant, which does get us back to
a possible registrar responsiveness issue if the registrar doesn't make it
easy to recover forgotten information.  There's never any risk of the
information itself being lost if forgotten.

I'm available at the convenience of the task force to provide whatever
explanatory information might be useful in completing your task.

-Scott-