[nc-transfer]

[nc-transfer] Re: [ga] FW: Comment from the gTLD Registry Constituency

Jeff,

The First Interim Implementation Report made the following comment:

"In our view, the Ombudsman should be a person to whom those who believe they
have been treated unfairly in the context of ICANN processes can turn to for
an independent evaluation and, potentially, facilitation of a resolution if
the complaint is determined to be well founded. In sum, the Ombudsman as we
envision it is an input mechanism for complaints, an independent voice in
evaluating and resolving those complaints, and a potential source of
suggestions on how to improve ICANN procedures and processes to reduce
complaints."

ICANN has already produced a concrete proposal that attends to the resolution
of disputes through the use of the Ombudsman function which is fully
supported financially by ICANN.  What's so wrong with using their solution as
the basis by which a registrant's transfers grievance is resolved?  Put the
policy language into the RAA and ICANN is thereby required to provide an
enforcement function.  Couple it with Ombudsman services and you have solved
the problem with no expense to either the registries or registrars or
registrants.