[nc-transfer]

[nc-transfer] FW: Merged Proposal

-----Original Message-----
From: Russo, Christine [mailto:crusso@verisign.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 2:13 PM
To: Cade,Marilyn S - LGA
Subject: RE: Merged Proposal

Thanks for the reminder.  I've been thinking about where in the document
this list is best suited, and I suppose that would be in the General
Provisions section 4.d.i(1)  I would propose integrating it as follows,
(Ross' existing language in regular type, my additions in CAPS):

4.D.1(1)  If the gaining registrar relies on a physical authorization
process, they assume the burden of obtaining reliable evidence of identity
of the Registrant or Administrative Contact and that the entity making the
request is indeed authorized to do so.  RECOMMENDED FORMS OF IDENTITY
INCLUDE:
·	NOTARIZED STATEMENT
·	DRIVER'S LICENSE
·	PASSPORT
·	ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION
·	MILITARY ID
·	STATE/GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID
·	BIRTH CERTIFICATE
IN THE EVENT OF AN ELECTRONIC AUTHORIZATION PROCESS, RECOMMENDED FORMS OF
IDENTITY WOULD INCLUDE:
·	ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE IN CONFORMANCE WITH E-SIGN
·	EMAIL ADDRESS MATCHING THAT FOUND IN LOSING REGISTRAR'S WHOID
DATABASE.

Copies of this reliable evidence of identity must be kept with the Standard
Form of Authorization described in (2)(d)(i).