[nc-transfer]

[nc-transfer] Drafting Team Status Update

Folks,

Please find attached a copy of the latest draft (version 1, revision 2,
draft 2) of the IRDX proposal that the drafting team has been working on
for the last two weeks or so.

During the call today, I would like to focus on a review of points 8
through 15 (pages 14, 15 and 16) (highlighted in blue) with an eye
towards ensuring that the process appropriately takes into account the
needs of R'ants, R'rars and R'ry's. The feedback that the drafting team
gathers through this review will be invaluable in providing us with the
guidance that we need to complete our task.

I would also like to review the formal revisions made thus far to ensure
that the language used appropriately captures the intent and sentiment
of the larger group.

Please note that the revisions are not as sweeping as I had expected as
we are still waiting for input on enforcement mechanisms from the
Registry Constituency reps to the Drafting Team. I do not have an ETA
for delivery of these details, so its not likely that we can cover them
on the call, however the call will give us the capability to rework the
deadlines in order to keep the document on track

If there are any questions, please don't hesitate to drop me a note.

Apologies in advance for the proprietary document format.

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Got Blog? http://www.byte.org/blog

Please review our ICANN Reform Proposal:
http://www.byte.org/heathrow

rc-irdx-082702-v1r2d2.doc