From: Neuman, Jeff [mailto:Jeff.Neuman@neustar.us]
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2002 9:02 AM
To: 'Philip Sheppard'; nc-transfer@dnso.org
Cc: 'rcochetti@verisign.com'; 'ck@nic.museum'; 'jordyn.buchanan@registrypro.com'
Subject: RE: [nc-transfer] Transfers task force and the NC expectations

I disagree Philip.  The Board was asking for only that relevant to the Wait List Service.  It was not an open invitation to explore deletions as a whole.  I agree someone will have to address these deletions issues (when someone figures out what the issues are).  We have way too much work to do on transfers.  The role of Task Forces is to discuss narrow issues.

At some point a task force needs to be absolved.  Look at other policy and technical bodies.  All of them are asked to address extremely narrow issues.  Once that narrow issue is addressed, the Task Force disbands.  A new Task Force should be commissioned with respect to deletions.  Diversity of membership to the task force, diversity of leadership, and diversity of opinions needs to be encouraged.

As I previously stated, my constituency has not authorized me to discuss deletions and personally I do not have the time to take up deletions as well.  So, if the transfer task force  takes up deletions, I would respectfully ask that I be allowed to go back to my constituency to get a different representative.  I would like to continue working on the transfers issue however and can still devote the time to that.

Again, I implore you Philip to raise the issue with the NC.  I also implore the Names Council to come up with an extremely narrow charter on the work of the new task force on deletions.