[nc-transfer]

[nc-transfer] possible dates for next calls

Dear TR-TF members:
Please RSVP to Marie Juliano, GLEN, and to me regarding availability for a Transfer TF working call on August 8, 15, 19, 21OR 22, 28 OR
 29 at 2:00 p.m. EST... times are 6:00 a.m. N.Z, and 8:00 p.m. Europe...

I had thought about having a call this Thursday and talked to a few of you.... but am running into scheduling difficulties. Instead, I'd like to use the next few days to hear from you regarding your schedule thoughts, priorities from your constituency/GA, etc.

We have two issues and both need to move forward. We have made the most progress in initial work on "transfers" and have a submission which needs to be
considered, amended, agreed to/rejected, etc.  On deletions, we still have a good deal of work to do.  Transfers should be our first priority it seems to me.
However, I seek your input on that. The Registrar Constituency has posted a letter stating their views.

Schedule now for next four - five weeks:

I'd like to have a standing call, IF WE CAN AGREE ON THAT, AND SCHEDULE IT NOW FOR THE NEXT FOUR -FIVE WEEKS to try to conclude our drafting/input work
on transfers and deletions. We would use at least one of those calls for an open call to the interested parties to provide comments and input as we did with WLS.
That is not intended to replace other input mechanisms, though.

I'm proposing Thursdays at the same time. I can do Wed. August 21, and Wednesday , August 28 as a back up to the Thursday of those weeks.

[IF Thursdays are "out" for most of you, I can do Mondays most weeks. ]

Please respond as follows:
First Choice: Thursday, next five weeks, 2:00-4:00 p.m. EST
Alternate if not enough can do Thursday, 22 and 29: CAN YOU DO WED. 21 and/or 28 as alternate just those weeks. Keeping other Thursdays?

IF not Thursday, SECOND CHOICE:  MONDAY'S, 2:00 P.M.

I'd like to have a couple of volunteers in the meantime to work with me on doing some drafting on the existing policy proposal we have on the table from the
registrars. It does need further input but is a good place to return to. It has been posted for quite some time without any comment, I note.

Our calls will be 2 hours in duration, which is a lot of time, I know. However, my goal is to move both transfers and deletions along so that we can have documents
and recommendations drafted by early Sept.

One idea would be to open a public comment forum with a pre-selected set of questions so that comments can be easily
categorized from the responses and so that the input of the respondents is more easily understood and reviewed.  That would replace a survey, per se, but provide a meaningful way for respondents to submit comments.  Constituencies/the GA may decide to undertake organizing input, using that mechanism.

We would need to significantly refine the existing draft questionnaire into a set of 5-6 categories, and develop a separate similar approach for deletions.

I encourage feedback to the list on this discussion. HOWEVER, PLEAS DO NOT RESPOND ON THE LIST RE AVAILABILITY. RESPOND TO THE CC LINE ABOVE SO THAT YOU ARE RESPONDING ONLY TO ME, MARIE, AND GLEN. THANKS... LET'S  NOT SPAM OUR "READERS" WITH CALENDARING!!!!!

The IPC is making a change in their representative to replace Nick Wood. In the meantime, David still represents them. I know of no other changes in TF membership.
I've cc'd Steve Metalitz as a courtesy until they announce their second person.

Regards,

Marilyn Cade