[nc-transfer]

[nc-transfer] .com Registry Agreement & Consensus Policies

As per our call, the .com/net Registry Agreement is provided on the ICANN
website at:
http://www.icann.org/tlds/agreements/verisign/registry-agmt-com-25may01.htm

More specifically, I called attention to the section dealing with "Consensus
Policies" which state that:

1. "Consensus Policies" are those specifications or policies established
based on a consensus among Internet stakeholders represented in the ICANN
process, as demonstrated by (1) action of the ICANN Board of Directors
establishing the specification or policy, (2) a recommendation, adopted by
at least a two-thirds vote of the council of the ICANN Supporting
Organization to which the matter is delegated, that the specification or
policy should be established, and (3) a written report and supporting
materials (which must include all substantive submissions to the Supporting
Organization relating to the proposal) that (i) documents the extent of
agreement and disagreement among impacted groups, (ii) documents the
outreach process used to seek to achieve adequate representation of the
views of groups that are likely to be impacted, and (iii) documents the
nature and intensity of reasoned support and opposition to the proposed
specification or policy.

As we discussed, in order for it to be binding on the Registry all of the
above MUST be present.