[nc-transfer]

[nc-transfer] change in representative from Registry Constituency, note that there is a change in the IPC representation, and advice on who votes--and reminder

Change in Registry Constituency:

Sloan, thank you for your notification of your resignation.  Your inability to participate has been noted, and regretted by myself, as chair. I appreciate that work demands have created a situation where you are unable to  participate and that the constituency has taken steps to change to ensure that their interests are actively represented.

Thank you for your past involvement. And best wishes.

Voting:
Now, for the interests of the TF, let's level set so we are all on the same page.

Each constituency has ONE vote. They were allowed to have up to two members at the insistence of the Registry constituency who felt they could  not have only one representative initially given the differences which existed between Verisign and new entrant registries.  Accordingly, I established an exception from previous TF processes of only one rep. The request made sense, and the intent was to be supportive of this situation. I also believed that given the work load, that the TF could benefit from the extra involvement and collaboration.

Some constituencies have chosen to have only one representative. Be that as it may, each constituency gets one vote. Since we will be voting next week, each constituency [if they have more than one member] will need to advise me/Glen of who votes for you.

Changes in TR-TF membership:
I'll notify Glen to delete Sloan and add Jeff to the listserv and to update the list of TF members. That will not happen until Monday. In the meantime, Sloan and Christine, you should forward any TF correspondence to Jeff.  I will leave that to you two to do.  NOTE: THERE WILL NOT BE A TR-TF CHANGE UNTIL SOMETIME MONDAY. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU TWO MANAGE THE COMMUNICATION WITH JEFF DIRECTLY TO ENSURE HE IS KEEPING UP TO DATE ON POSTINGS.

Once the change is made, I'll notify Council of the change of representatives from you to Jeff.

GETTING ONBOARD ON WORK AND BACKGROUND:
Secondly, and intended just as a gentle reminder to Sloan and Christine:  As your constituency task force members, it is your responsibilty to brief Jeff. Jeff, I am sure you have already begun review of the archives and that you will familiarize himself with the full work of the TF, be informed of its work to date, etc. It's a lot of background for you but you are undoubtedly already engaged in that and in your role as leadership for the constituency, have probably been following it closely anyway.

Sloan, thank you for your notice of your inability to participate.  I appreciate your responsiveness in acknowledging the need to ensure that your constituency has full and active participation in the work of the Transfer TF.

Again, thank you for your participation in the past.

As chair, I will look forward to Jeff's involvement and active contribution in the work of the TF in all of its areas.

Regards,

Marilyn Cade

The email above responds to an email from Sloan Goan,[ not appended] announcing his resignation and the constituency's appointment of Jeff Neuman, .biz, and elected chair of the constituency, as his replacement. No change is announced in Christine Russo, Verisign Registry, role or participation on the TF.

Again, for the TF, each constituency was allowed to have up to two representatives, but only one vote. There is no change in that.

Nick Wood, IPC has also resigned, and the IPC is identifying a second representative. I have not been notified of any appointment on that front. No announcement other than Nick's resignation and that I am awaiting further announcement by the IPC leadership.