From: George Kirikos [mailto:George@Kirikos.com]
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2002 1:17 PM
To: Cade,Marilyn S - LGA
Cc: cpage@dotster.com; mike@buydomains.com; stahura@enom.com
Subject: Strong Protest re: "Report of the gTLD" being forwarded to
Names Council

Dear Marilyn,

I refer to Jeff Neuman's email to the Task Force at:

http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-transfer/Arc00/msg00365.html

I believe it is entirely inappropriate for such a statement by the gTLD
constituency to be forwarded separately by the Task Force to the Names
Council, as it gives undue weight to that statement relative to all other
public comment received, and ignores all other statements that have been
made.

The gTLD constituency is free to publish their statement via the normal
channels afforded to all other affected parties, namely the ICANN WLS Forum
at:

http://forum.icann.org/wls/

and the recently provided mailing list for other comments.

The gTLD constituency has members on the Names Council, and has the
opportunity to express its views there, too.

In the alternative, I ask that all other public comment be given equal
opportunity for forwarding to the Names Council, in their entirety (i.e.
someone would need to parse all the individual statements from the ICANN WLS
Forum, petition, etc. and compile them into one document), and that Dotster
and others who've made statements have those statements forwarded to the
Names Council so that they can be considered on an equal footing, without
providing preferential access to one party or another.

Yours truly,

George Kirikos

P.S. You can post this to the Transfers Taskforce mailing list, too.