[nc-transfer]

Re: [nc-transfer] FW: Promised Document

> This document was produced in response to discussions held on an ad-hoc
> mailing list pursuant to Verisign's meeting in Montevideo.
> http://www.byte.org/rc-deletes/ can provide you with further context
> surrounding this document, including the proposals it purports to respond
> to. While there is no formal archive of the mailing list, I can probably
> have on created if there is any interest.

Just some further notes from the proceedings (excerpted from the website)...

"Discussion at the meeting and on the mailing list was varied and spirited.
Unfortunately, it tended to stray from the original mandate and move into
areas that, while beneficial to some proposers, did not produce conclusions
resulting in tangible suggestions for Verisign-GRS. Debate quickly moved
from the substance of the proposals into the re-organization of the
secondary market to the benefit of consumers.

Verisign-GRS has concluded that it prefers the SnapNames proposition over
the others. "

-rwr