[nc-transfer]

[nc-transfer] Posted terms of reference for the WLS referral to the Transfers TF

 <<wls-tor.doc>>
PRIORITY:  I am posting a term of reference and time line which describes the work of the TF on the Verisign WLS proposal.  This will be a short turn around, and I apologize to all of you for that. Unfortunately, I changed computers recently, and didn't realize I had dropped out several of my list addresses so mail wasn't being sent.  However, thanks to Thomas for calling this issue to my attention.

My plan is to have Marie announce two conference calls to have discussions on this topic, and to make those widely attended -- meaning that they will be open to interested parties from your constituencies and from the GA. We will try to schedule in a manner to have a 1 1/2 hour session, with a short presentation beginning each of the TF's by Dan Halloran or Louie Touton, outlining the Proposal, and then take input and questions.  Individuals who wish to make comments or presentations, should contact me off list to "sign up" so that we can manage the sessions effectively for all. I would welcome prepared presentations of 5-7 minutes from those who are interested in such a submission.  Submissions of this nature should be accompanied by an outline or description so that they can be organized.  Others will merely want to ask questions or make brief statements, and time will be allotted for that on each of the calls, as well.

I will invite Glen to take minutes of the calls, so that we can have a documented record.  Not everyone will be able to make both calls, I am sure, and time zones are a challenge.

Marie will post suggested conf. call times later this afternoon. PLEASE RSVP TO HER so we can confirm call dates.

Separately, Ross Radar will post the output of a small drafting team on other work underway.

In replying to the list, please be sure you use the appropriate subject heading, in order to keep the comments aligned with the work underway. Thanks, Marilyn

wls-tor.doc