[nc-transfer]

Re: [nc-transfer] Registrar Constituency Transfer Proposal

> I appreciate your willingness to move things forward.  However, I have
some
> comments regarding your recommendation.

Rather than dealing with this with each constituency rep as they weigh in,
I'd rather get more input from the rest of the reps and respond on a more
general basis. It strikes me as being more economical (which, given the
pressures on our respective schedules is probably wise).

> That having been said, I have the following comments to your proposed
> recommendation.   To add, "Circumstances described in the Registrar
Transfer
> Statement of Best Practices document" to the list of reasons for which a
> transfer may be denied, we would need to append and incorporate such
> document to the Registry-Registrar Agreements, which wouldn't, in my mind,
> make sense.  I would suggest rather that you specify what circumstances
you
> are envisioning, in the interest of avoiding any ambiguities.

Can you specify this concern a little bit further? The best practices
document is extremely precise and avoids as much ambiguity as possible
(unless some have been identified sinces its publication that I am not aware
of). Precedent for incorporation already exists given the inclusion of the
various internet drafts and data type definitions in the various registry
agreements, so I'm not sure that I completely see your point.

> Again, I am pleased to see someone taking the lead in moving our work
along,
> and I hope that you take these comments in the constructive manner in
which
> they are intended.

Thanks - and absolutely taken as intended ;)

-rwr