[nc-transfer]

[nc-transfer] CHANGE: SUGGESTED ONLINE WORK ON AUTH-INFO

NO CALL THIS WEEK ON TRANSFER TF:
Marie has received only 3 RSVP's for Tuesday and four for Thursday, so I am
not planning a call for this week. THIS IS A CHANGE.

Instead, I propose the following: online work on this topic.
Rick Wesson has kindly provided an overview for us. Thanks, Rick, and
thanks, Ross, for your help in organizing that contact for me.  I appreciate
it... logistics were just killing me!

I have invited Verisign, Afilias, and NeuStar to all respond to their views
and perspectives on the use of auth-info codes as part of the answer in
dealing with "authority".  I have also invited Dan Halloran to comment as
well on the present status of auth-info codes in relation to existing
contracts. THE VARIOUS PARTIES WHO ARE BEING INVITED TO COMMENT SPECIFICALLY
ARE SHOWN AS CC'S.  TF members are of course also welcomed and urged to
respond.  NOTE: THE TF MEMBERS NEED TO PROVIDE THE POSTING SUPPORT TO THE
INVITED GUESTS. I AM NOT CHANGING THE RULES ON POSTING FOR THIS PROJECT...
TOO TIME INTENSIVE TO DO THAT. THE ONE EXCEPTION IS DAN HALLORAN.

Let's try to do this particular discussion online this week, please, folks,
and I will post later -- probably tomorrow -- to propose an agenda for a
report/read out of the Transfer TF for Ghana.

IMPORTANT QUESTION ABOUT RELATED OPPORTUNITY: I AM POSTING THIS NEXT SEGMENT
IN ORDER TO MOVE PLANNING ALONG ON THE GA SESSION ON DELETES AND TRANSFERS;
ACCORDINGLY, I HAVE CC'D ALEXANDER SVENSSON, AS THE ALT. CHAIR TO THE GA,
AND WHO WILL BE HOSTING THE GA MEETING IN GHANA.
Also, the GA is planning a session on deletes and transfers. I am asking for
feedback from this group on the following:
The GA can provide an hour from just after 8:30 a.m. -9:30 a.m. for this
segment on Tuesday during the GA session.

Is that sufficient? Should we be trying to schedule a briefing session
Monday p.m. from 4-5:30 p.m. or 5-6:30 p.m.; and then moving the discussion
into the GA, but keeping the factual, neutral briefing on Monday?  Is that
needed?

In your response on that topic, can you be sure to also comment on your
availability for those times Monday p.m. IN GHANA?  Some constituencies will
have meetings which might last that long...

Regards, Marilyn