From: Rick Shera [mailto:Rick@Shera.co.nz]
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 3:21 PM
To: nc-transfer@dnso.org
Cc: 'Cade,Marilyn S - LGA'; 'Juliano,Marie M - LGA'; 'DNSO Secretariat'
Subject: RE: [nc-transfer] NC-TRANSFER Call

Marie M. Juliano wrote on Tuesday, 15 January 2002 8:45 a.m.

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> Marilyn Cade is checking your availability for your participation in a
> Transfer conference call.
>
> Option 1:    Friday January 18, from 10:30 - 12:30 a.m. EST

I assume this refers to 10.30am - 12.30pm?

> Option 2:    Thursday, January 24, from 8:30 - 10:00 a.m. EST
>
> If  not enough people can make these times, we will look at
> the following
> week.
>
> Please respond to Marie Juliano (mjuliano@att.com) ASAP.

I know this is meant to go back to Ms Juliano but I wanted to share a
thought with you all.

Unfortunately, I was unable to make the last call but can I just stake a
claim now for times which are more conducive to participation by those in
the Southern Hemisphere (or at least equally bad for everyone ;-))

10.30am EST is 4.30am in the morning here in Auckland!

I don't mind getting up early (say 5.30am) or staying up for a call until
1-2am but beyond that my participation is likely to be limited (both in
quantity and quality).

Just a thought.

I've also copied this to Glen at DNSO secretariat in response to his request
of Friday, 21 December 2001 2:30 a.m for contact details.

Regards,

Rick Shera
Auckland, NZ
Hm tel +64 9 414 1129
Wk DDI +64 9 309 1938
cell +64 21 612 713
pers email Rick@Shera.co.nz
wk email rjs@lojo.co.nz
wk website www.lojo.co.nz

***NOTE***

The information in this message and any attachments is confidential to the
intended recipient(s).  Views expressed are those of Rick Shera personally
and not anyone else.

PS.  Since I am new to this body and have only met one or two of you at the
ICANN Melbourne meeting, a few biographical details may be useful:

I am a partner in a small corporate, commercial, ICT law firm in Auckland
and have a masters degree in copyright internet law issues.  I have just
been elected Vice President of InternetNZ, the .nz ccTLD manager, and as you
will be aware am present on this body as a representative of the ccTLD
constituency.

I am 38, have three pre-school children and therefore sleep is very dear to
me ;-)