[nc-transfer]

[nc-transfer] Statement on Scope of Task Force

All:

In the conference call this morning we expressed a need for a strong
statement that the Task Force is a policy analysis body and not an
advocate for any individuals or organizations.  It might be a statement
that we could use in a variety of settings.

Here is a possible draft of such a statement:

The Transfers Task Force is investigating the issues and existing
policies governing the transfers of domain names between registrars.  As
a part of that activity the task force will solicit input from
registrants that may include the impact of transfers, problems during
the transfer process and concerns about the ICANN policies that govern
transfers.  This Task Force is working on understanding the policy
issues surrounding transfers.  The Task Force is also working on
developing implementable policy changes that address any problems
identified during the process.  Under no circumstance is the Task Force
acting as an intervener or advocate in any ongoing transfer disputes.
The Task Force is a policy analysis body and not a group that can act as
an advocate for any individual or organization.

Mark

Mark McFadden
ISPCP Secretariat
ISP and Connectivity Providers Constituency, ICANN DNSO
ispcp-activity@cix.org
www.ispcp.org