RE: [nc-transfer] Some minor modifications of ToR
Your suggestions are very welcomed! Can I ask that you attach the version
with the changes redlined, if you still have it?
No big deal if not available, but just helpful to others who are tryingto
also provide edits.
From: Milton Mueller [mailto:Mueller@syr.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 6:51 PM
Subject: [nc-transfer] Some minor modifications of ToR
I found the language a bit unclear and repetitive in
parts and therefore took the liberty to edit the ToR.
The revisions are attached as Word doc and
appended as ASCII below.
Terms of Reference for Task Force on Transfers
The purpose of the Task Force on Transfers is to:
1. Develop understanding across the NC of the issues underlying the
transfers of domain names between registrars;
2. Ensure broader understanding of the approach to domain name transfers
proposed in the Registrars' procedural document, which has been voted on by
3. Identify any issues not addressed by the Registrar's document and develop
a TF process to ensure that these additional areas are addressed in a timely
manner, reflecting the input of all affected parties;
4. Identify any broad policy issues raised by the problem of a transferring
domain names across registrars in a large-scale shared registry, and develop
recommendations to define an appropriate policy;
5. Devise recommendations to ICANN staff and to the NC for changing the
language of the existing contractual agreements, where such changes are
needed to correct any identified problems in need of policy guidance.
6. Follow the timetable agreed to at the Marina del Rey DNSO Names Council
meeting: publish an interim report in January and a more thorough report
containing implementable recommendations in Ghana.