RE: [nc-transfer] TF transfers
- To: "'DannyYounger@cs.com'" <DannyYounger@cs.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: RE: [nc-transfer] TF transfers
- From: "Chicoine, Caroline G." <CCHICOINE@thompsoncoburn.com>
- Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:16:28 -0600
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Michael@palage.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
I am trying to follow this, but has the GA put forth or does it intend to
put forth a representative to this Task Force or are we just arguing whether
we call her a "GA represntatiatve" or a "registrant representative."
From: DannyYounger@cs.com [mailto:DannyYounger@cs.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 1:48 PM
Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org;
Michael@palage.com; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org;
email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Subject: [nc-transfer] TF transfers
You wrote: "It would be premature to agree to a registrants/individuals
representation in a NC task force before we can give thought as the NC to
Pardon me? The last three years haven't been a sufficiently long enough
frame within which to consider the issue of individuals' representation? Or
is it that you simply need more time to find other creative ways to deny
participation in your private club?
The ICANN Board has already resolved "that the Board concurs with the ALSC's
conclusion that Individual Internet users have a significant stake in
activities, should have the opportunity to participate in ICANN, and that
representation should accompany participation for informed, sustained
involvement of interested individuals in ICANN policy and decision-making".
Have you now decided to act against the wishes of the Board as well as the
clear language within the Bylaws that allows interested parties to
participate in the substantive work of the DNSO?
A request has been made by a former candidate to the Board of ICANN who
to represent the registrant community in thisTF task force, one whom you
described as interested and competent. Are you stating for the record that
registrants will not be accorded equal stature in this Task Force?