[nc-str]

RE: [nc-str] Re: Fw: Extended terms of reference -- a few sugges ted changes

  • To: nc-str@dnso.org
  • Subject: RE: [nc-str] Re: Fw: Extended terms of reference -- a few sugges ted changes
  • From: raul@inia.org.uy
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 15:06:36 -0300
  • Sender: owner-nc-str@dnso.org

Quoting "Cade,Marilyn S - LGA" <mcade@att.com>:

 > Raul, welcome...
 >
 > I have thought that the Structure TF would consider proposals in relation
 > their impact/support of developing policy, etc.  I would urge that we not
 > focus on the number of board seats but instead on how structure supports
 > effective policy development and then policy acceptance from the board
 > level.

I see your point and agree. Do everybody agree that we will not discuss about
number of seats ? It is important for me to have clear what will be our
objective.

 > Secondly, I believe that having only one chair can work best.  We each
 > will
 > need to be working backward into our constituencies on input--I see the
 > role
 > of the chair as a neutral role more focused on process and ensuring input
 > and balance.  I think that is why we agreed to have the NC chair in this
 > TF.

I prefer two co-chairs to have more criterion diversity.

Yours,

Raul

INIA - Instituto Nacional de Investigacion Agropecuaria
www.inia.org.uy			          U R U G U A Y