[nc-org]

[nc-org] a note about the final draft

The final draft (5.4) I just sent out contains a few minor
changes requested by various people.

Probably the only one of significance is that
the words "controlled by noncommercial registrants" in 1a
has been replaced by "noncommercial in orientation and
the initial board of which includes substantial representation
of noncommercial .org registrants."

Also section 4 now makes it clear that the registry operator
need not be a separate organization from the management
organization, a minor point requested by the registrars.

This report is not perfect but it provides sufficient
guidance for the Board to carry out the divestiture.
It encapsulates the areas where we can all agree,
and I believe that those disagreements are minor and
should not be allowed to stall progress at this stage.

I thank all Task force members for their contributions
and look forward to ratifying this January 17.

I will forward this draft to the Names Council.

--MM