[nc-org]

[nc-org] Any S,R advocates?

Cary:

This is the final, wrap-up phase of the Task
Force, in which we are fitting our earlier
consensus into either the U,U or S,R framework
imposed on us by ICANN mgmt. We have about one week
left before a teleconference.

A draft is on the table based on the U,U model
that incorporates the original task force report
with some added detail from Roberts proposal.
So far, myself, Marc (GA), and Guillermo (IPCC)
have expressed support for the U,U model.
I believe, based on extrapolation of Ken's and
other registrar's comments, that they are also in
favor of U,U.
(Please, anyone should correct me if I have
mischaracterized your views.)

You, Cary, have not indicated a position or made
any specific proposals.

If you support the S,R model we need a concrete
proposal that incorporates the basic policy
objectives of the original draft. Are you willing
to prepare one?

I have a good idea of what a S,R proposal must do
to both incorporate the original ideas and meet
ICANN's sponsored framework. But I have found
it difficult to square that circle. If you would
like to give it a try you are welcome.

Further abstract debate and raising of new ideas at
this point is counterproductive - unless you are
comfortable with another delay. (I know of one
member of your constituency who probably welcomes a
delay, but I would be extremely surprised if you
did.)

--MM