[nc-org]

[nc-org] Another voice from the gTLD Constituency

I note that TF members have been forwarding communications received
from within their respective constituencies to the TF list. Picking
up on this cue, here are two messages received from Richard Tindal,
representing NeuLevel in the gTLD Constituency. I have not received
any other substantive comments on the TF's work subsequent to the
last NC meeting.

Richard's comments:

Mike's views seem very sensible.

Speaking for NeuLevel we don't think the goal of ".ORG space purity"
is too hard to achieve (for new registrations).

A self declaration that the intended use is for non-profit activity
combined with a special dispute process (that could result in
removal of the name from the offending Registrant).  This is what we
do in .BIZ to make it very largely commercial and this is what we
will do in .US to make it very largely American.  .ORG could do the
same and it would be quite effective. To put even more strength in
this you could have Registry-Registrar contracts that specify the
broad marketing message from Registrars.  This works too.

None of these factors work 100%, but they will achieve quite high
purity of the space (without a lot of pre-registration processes).
These pre-registration processes mean a high price for all .ORG
registrants.

Richard