[nc-org]

RE: [nc-org] Dot org

Dear TF members:

I have been on a closing for the past week and have been catching up the
enormous amounts of mails on this issue.

From what I have been understanding, and I believe that Philip's latest
mails reflects the alternatives very well. We are moving mainly on two
alternatives:

Unsponsored - unrestricted name space, or
Sponsored - restricted.

I tend to favor more the second alternative for the following reasons:

a) 	The sponsorship will give the non-comms the name space on the terms
that we have widely conferred this past months.

b)	Restricted (sponsored with use of a CEDRP). Anything that is not
totally unrestricted will become restricted, therefore I have no problems in
using the word. I will support the introduction of a CDRP which should be
consistent with the discussions that we have been having in the past, such
as not evicting existing registrations (the policy would be applicable from
the date of enforcement, etc.) I recall a mail from Milton that a end user
initiation model of CEDRP could be effective. I think we could look into
that.

I think that the above structure may solve the problems raised buy L.
Touton.

I have not conferred with my constituency on this and I intend to take the
issue for further consultation once I get more input from the group on this.
If the conference call has been confirmed for January 3 let me know so I am
able to ask someone from the IPC to replace me.

Best wishes

Guillermo