[nc-org]

[nc-org] Modification of language on registrars

In line wit Ken Stubb's concerns I have modified
the paragraph on registrar marketing practices
as below. Changes are in ALL CAPS

======
2b. Definition of marketing practices
Regarding marketing and branding practices, the
sponsoring organization should propose specific
practices designed to differentiate the domain,
promote and attract registrations from the defined
community, and minimize defensive registrations.
Such practices may include accreditation of registrars,
co-marketing campaigns, or other methods. DNSO
policy favors marketing proposals that promote and
enhance differentiation while minimizing bureaucracy,
enforcement costs, and restrictions on registrars.
IF APPLICANTS PROPOSE TO DE-ACCREDIT NON-
COMPLIANT REGISTRARS, THEY MUST CAREFULLY
DEVELOP PLANS TO ENSURE THAT EXISTING
CUSTOMER ACCOUNTS WITH THAT REGISTRAR ARE
HANDLED IN A WAY THAT DOES NOT DISTURB OR
DISRUPT .ORG REGISTRANTS. DNSO POLICY
PROHIBITS ONEROUS ACCREDITATION
FEES OR ANY OTHER NEW FINANCIAL BARRIERS TO
REGISTRAR UNRELATED TO MARKETING POLICY
ENFORCEMENT.

At this late stage, I will only entertain specific
proposals to modify or delete language. No general
complaints, no bright new ideas. This is it.

--MM