[nc-org]

[nc-org] Misc. comments

My ability to participate in this TF as actively as I'd like has
been diminished by other TLD-related activity that places less
flexible demands on my time and attention. Since I was one of the
more active members at the outset, I hope that I will be forgiven
chiming back after the last minute of the eleventh hour.

As the operator of a non-commercial sTLD, albeit one without the
leagacy and scaling problems that will confront the Sponsor for
newORG, I have been party to a number of discussions relevant to it
independently of my membership in this TF. It should surprise no one
that we are not the only group that hopes to influence ICANN's
action with newORG nor are our notions about how to proceed
necessarily going to be applauded in all camps.

There is little reason to review any of this in detail here beyond
the single observation that we should probably go to great lengths
to submit a report that cannot be dismissed as being overly
concerned with details that are inappropriate at the present state
of the process.

Another random observation -- the provision for the submitter of a
TLD proposal not needing to have incorporated prior to submitting
that proposal comes straight from the terms of the call that ICANN
opened last year for new TLDs. It seems ironic that we are
advocating a more rigorous stance on newORG.

/Cary