[nc-org]

Re: [nc-org] wrap up

I will contact Guillermo tomorrow and see what we can do to help clarify
this issue.

principal concerns among registrars are to a great extent focused on
insuring that the new mgt. company will not impose any onerous accreditation
fees or "new financial barriers"  and will honor the ICANN accredited status
of the existing registrars.

the new registry transition organization needs to have the right to define
guidelines for registrations (new registries are doing just that) and those
guidelines need to be established thru a  policy development process which,
I feel, will listen to the concerns of all constituencies as well as current
users of ".org"

there are also significant technical issues which need to be discussed (I.e.
"thick" vs current
"thin" registry model).  these issues are of paramount concern to registrars
as well and have significant financial ramifications. I am quite comfortable
that all parties recognize the need for our constituency input into this
part of the transition process as we are significantly impacted by it and
look forward to providing future input in these areas as well.

best wishes,

ken stubbs