[nc-org]

[nc-org] Revision of ORG Policy statement - registrars

Fellow TF members:
I am proposing the following modifications
of the org policy statement:

Add paragraph 3 under 1a:

Regarding marketing and branding practices, the
sponsoring organization may propose contractual
conditions with registrars that contain stipulations
designed to support or enhance the distinct identity
of the .org domain. Consistent with 1b below,
however, such stipulations should not restrict
end users' eligibility. The stipulations also should
not be so costly to comply with as to act as a
major constraint on the number of registrars
serving the .org domain.

Add under #3:
The new entity must keep the cost of
registration as low as possible.

In my next message, I will send the whole
text.
--MM