[nc-org]

Re: RE: [nc-org] Final version of ORG policy statement forpublic comment

Guillermo:

>>> "Guillermo Carey C." <gcarey@carey.cl> 09/28/01 comments regarding  second paragraph of section 1 b).
Our approach to the unrestricted nature of this name
space will change if the marketing policy is not effective.

MM ===> The best way to handle this is for your members
and others who share those concerns to make it clear
in the comments that you support contractual
controls on marketing. We have asked for public comment
only on those areas where there is no general agreement. There seems to be widepread support for
keeping org unrestricted.

2.- Icann Policies. As indicated before, I still donīt
see reflected my prior comments about the level of consistency applicable to this name space.

MM ====> I am very surprised by this. I thought I
had removed a large chunk of language that made
you nervous, language that was strongly supported
by members of my own constituency.

If consistency means not getting less protection to IP
rights as those
existing today, specially at the dispute resolution
level and access to the
WHOIS database, we believe it wil be appropriate.

MM ====> That's exactly what it means. UDRP applies,
which is noted in two places, and "access to
registration contact data."