[nc-org]

[nc-org] Revised statement - ready for public comment?

ORG TF members:

My next message will be a third revision of the
policy statement for ORG divestiture.

My hope is that we can approve this in a week and put
it up for public comment by October 1.

I have revised it to address the following concerns:

-- Defined as well as I can the notion of a
"sponsored-unrestricted" domain as proposed by Cary.
-- Removed the language that concerned Guillermo. I
don't think we really had a major policy difference
but the language seemed to make him uncomfortable
so it is gone.
-- Added language addressing Marc Schneider's concern
about voting rights for ORG registrants. As you will
see, rather than proposing a specific governance
structure as Marc did I propose much more flexible
language "encouraging" governance structures that
enfranchise .org registrants.
-- Took out the requirement that it be a "new"
entity and explicitly noting that it can be a "new
or existing" entity as proposed by the B&C constituency
comment.

I look forward to your comments.