[nc-org]

[nc-org] ORG and COM

I have sent a request to Roger Cochetti to provide data on
the composition of registratons within ORG.

I think it's pretty clear that Cary Karp's statement
that ORG is currently "pretty much a clone of COM" is false. There are
literally hundreds of thousands of names, such as att.org, which differ
markedly, and in the expected way, from their .com counterpart. My
organization has the .org version of "digital-convergence" and the .com
version is held by a different - and commercial - company.

But it seems that Verisign could produce a precise quantitative
measure of the level of duplication.

>>> ck@nrm.se 08/16/01 04:51PM >>>
It is reasonable enough to want to prevent ORG from becoming a clone
of COM. (Despite the disproportionality of the registrant bases,
that's pretty much what the legacy situation is.)