[nc-org]

Re: [nc-org] Restrictions on ORG accomplishes what?

Quoting Milton:

> My constituency believes that nothing substantial is gained, and
> a lot of flexibility and freedom are lost, by attempting to come
> up with arbitrary definitions of what constitutes an
> "organization" and trying to restrict registrants to it.

On the basis of the voices thus far heard, this may be the sentiment
of the gTLD constituency, as well.

> Can someone who believes in such restrictions please explain
> what they think it accomplishes?

Not that I'm proposing restrictions, but I would have thought that
there would be greater value in a .org that had some community
parameters that distinguished it from .com.  Not that it matters,
but I doubt that the prospective registrants would be particularly
interested in the registry of the one being operated on a
noncommercial basis.

/Cary