[nc-intake]

Re: [nc-intake] External speaker for LA

Well having an external speaker has certainly ignited things!

I see the speaker as informing the NC about the activities of a UN agency
that is doing things globally that coincide with the interests of the NC.

If subsequently, we want to express opinion on that, we, the NC, can do so.
If we want also external opinion, we could at another time invite two more
external speakers - one to speak in favour of what WIPO is doing, one to
speak against.

If the Miami School of law (or whoever)  was also engaged in a global
process that impacted on NC issues then a speaker from that organisation
could also be relevant.  But the people to raise criticism of WIPO are for
the purposes of this meeting, the NC members themselves.

Can we lay the matter to rest here? YJ - you will have lots of opportunities
to ask many difficult questions!

Philip.