[nc-intake]

Re: [nc-intake] Drfat report for NC meeting 17 August

Chuck, thanks for the quick reply. I agree with both points but I am worried about setting up detailed rules that are then ignored. That is why the discretion of the chair phrase is there on interventions. The follow-on from prescribing the length of interventions is that they are actually measured by the chairman. Can he/she really be expected to click a stop watch for each speaker or will he/she more likely have a sense that Phil or Chuck have spoken quite enough now and tell us to shut-up?? And if there is domination, we can always add in time limits later. Glad for other views on this.

I will add the point about seating - thanks for the reminder

Philip