[nc-intake]

Re: [nc-intake]

Caroline raises some interesting points.
The first is the scope of the intake committee and thus its composition.

Should it be a small group, prioritising an agenda from various inputs?
Or an agenda determining / selecting group and thus need to be have a
representative from each constituency?

My only fear about the second option is that we waste time having pre
meetings of agenda topics and bigger meetings are more difficult to
arrange - unless we only operate by e-mail.

Conversely, if we can truly create an agenda that is the essence of the
debate and so avoids the need for points of information / repetition etc
that we get on NC teleconferences, then the intake committee will add real
value to the process.

What are the views of the rest of the present intake committee? (If we want
to have one rep from each constituency we will need to solicit some more
members.)

On the substantive proposals put up by Caroline I agree with most of these.
I am happy also to drop the cards idea as it is probably better suited to a
much larger group.

Philip